- This event has passed.
Two World Premières! Be among the first to hear wild and imaginative new works for orchestra by Canadian composers Cassandra Miller and Nicole Lizée.
IN THE NORTH LOBBY
Performance by The Madawaska Ensemble with guests Sanya Eng and Rob MacDonald. New and rarely heard Canadian chamber music for strings, harp, and guitar.
Join us for a party in the lobby featuring Cris Derksen Trio. The trio includes the talents of Juno-nominated cellist Cris Derksen, acclaimed Anishinaabe Hoop Dancer Nimkii Osawamick, and award-winning drummer Jesse Baird.
Additional Partner Orchestras
- Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra (Nicole Lizée: Black MIDI)—November 18, 2017
- Symphony Nova Scotia (Nicole Lizée: Black MIDI)—January 17, 2018
- University of Victoria Orchestra (Cassandra Miller: Round)—Date TBC
- Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (Cassandra Miller: Round)—Date TBC
- Nicole Lizée: Zeiss After Dark (TSO Co-commission) [2']
- Cassandra Miller: Round (World Première/TSO Commission) [10']
- Daníel Bjarnason: Emergence [16']
- Nicole Lizée: Black MIDI (World Première/TSO Commission) [20']
- André de Ridderconductor
- Kronos Quartetstring quartet
- Peter Oundjianhost