- This event has passed.
One of the finest voices of her generation, Canadian contralto Maureen Forrester dazzled audiences worldwide. Honouring her memorable life and career, these performances feature a new song cycle for mezzo-soprano and orchestra by Howard Shore, performed by Canadian Susan Platts, plus one of Forrester’s signature works: Mahler’s symphonic song cycle, Das Lied von der Erde.
Additional Partner Orchestras
- University of Victoria Orchestra—October 27–28, 2017
- Ottawa Symphony Orchestra—November 2017
- John Abram: Start
- Howard Shore/text by Elizabeth Cotnoir: New Work for Mezzo-soprano and Orchestra (Commission/World Première)
- Mahler: Das Lied von der Erde (The Song of the Earth)
- Peter Oundjianconductor
- Susan Plattsmezzo-soprano
- Michael Schadetenor