- This event has passed.
Discover the creative genius of Canadian throat singer Tanya Tagaq, winner of the 2014 Polaris Music Prize, in a World Première performance with the TSO.
Concert running time is approximately two hours.
IN THE NORTH LOBBY
Performance by Lightning Drum Singers, led by Derrick Bressette.
Intermission chat with TSO Composer Advisor Gary Kulesha and guest New Creations Festival curator Owen Pallett.
Performance by Alex Lukashevsky Trio. Boisterous and nimble, rambunctious and precise, strange and exciting, the music of Alex Lukashevsky, Felicity Williams, and Daniela Gesundheit is fascinating, compelling, original, and fun. Check out Too Late Blues on Idée Fixe records.
Additional Partner Orchestras
- Victoria Symphony (Tanya Tagaq/Christine Duncan: Qiksaaktuq)—October 21, 2017
- Saskatoon Symphony Orchestra (Tanya Tagaq/Christine Duncan: Qiksaaktuq)—November 18, 2017
- Regina Symphony Orchestra (Tanya Tagaq/Christine Duncan: Qiksaaktuq)—November 25, 2017
- Andrew Staniland: Reflections on O Canada after Truth and Reconciliation (TSO Co-commission) [2']
- Jörg Widmann: Trauermarsch for Piano and Orchestra (Canadian Première/TSO Co-commission) [25']
- Jordan Pal: Iris (World Première/TSO Commission) [10']
- Tanya Tagaq/Christine Duncan/Jean Martin/orch. Christopher Mayo: Qiksaaktuq (World Première/TSO Commission) [20']
- Peter Oundjianconductor & host
- André de Ridderconductor
- Yefim Bronfmanpiano
- Tanya Tagaqvocalist
- Christine Duncanimprovisation leader