- This event has passed.
Celebrate the evocative culture of Canadian Indigenous peoples in a singular concert curated and directed by Sandra Laronde, founder and artistic director of Red Sky Performance. Experience the world premiere of Adizokan—a new genre-bending creation that explores Indigenous connections to ancestral origins. Inspired by Indigenous cosmology, sky and star stories, and the complex traces of a deep past and future. This image-rich experience is a potent mix of dance, video, electro-acoustic and orchestra by Canadian composer Eliot Britton.
- Carmen Braden: “Blood Echo” : Sesquie for Canada’s 150th (World Première/TSO Co-commission)
- Fara Palmer: “My Roots”
- Eliot Britton: Adizokan (Commission/World Première)
- Gary Kuleshaconductor
- Nelson Tagoonathroat boxer
- Fara Palmervocalist
- Michel Muniidobenese Bruyeremusician & dancer
- Eddie Elliott, Lonii Garnons-Williams, Julie Pham, Jera Wolfedancers